North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Wednesday 1 May 2013

The start of Spring?

Since the 21st business has gone quiet and with another 3 night cancellation  at the end of the month I began to feel rather pesimistic about this year. The positive side (you always have to look for that!) is that I've been able to get out into the garden and am in the process of re doing the front borders. Rather than rush out and buy new plants I've been dividing, taking cuttings moving and swapping plants....amazing what you're able to accomplish doing it this way and most importantly it saves money.
Since we've had some warm weather the bluebells are appearing as well as other plants suddenly bursting into life  It's like they have been stuck under ground for so long this year that they are desperate to grow as fast as possible now to make up for lost time.
Blue bell in the back garden adding a splash of colour

 Two & three headed tete a tetes


I love Bleeding Hearts as they remind me of when I lived on an island off the coast of Finland. The farmers wife always had these in her garden

The intensity of this  colour is almost unrealistic. I'm always so pleased when I actually manage to grow these anenomes

No comments:

Post a Comment