North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Sunday 1 September 2013

The Garden at Lymehurst B & B, Llandudno

The garden at Lymehurst is as ever evolving (is this another way of saying I keep changing things around!!) As a trial and error gardener I often find that I plant things too close together never imagining just how much plants can spread or how tall they can grow.
As we had a long wet and cold spring I made these mistakes when creating a new front border. Suddenly when the  longed for  summer weather arrived the plants  almost exploded into growth and suddenly I had to remove some plants as they were being covered up by the others.
The front border when we moved in...
..........the next phase of the border

 This year the poppies popped had self seeded and were so beautifull i didn't move them till they'd finished flowering. The yellow flowers grew much taller than I thought so they will be moved but they all provided a lovely burst of colour in the front garden.
This year I bought a new bistro set in a lovely turquoise colour so that helps to brighten up the front sitting area. My next plan is to create a circular lawn that will then enable me to have 2 pull in places at the front for 2 small cars.
In the back garden it's just as well that I like the "unruly country Garden" look. Although it probably is rather crowded I just love all the different colours, textures and structures of the plants.




This year I had so many different kinds of poppies


2 comments:

  1. Our garden always looks lovely, you do an amazing job with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. Wish my flowers would grow as well.

    ReplyDelete