North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Thursday 10 February 2011

After the storms

We have had some really strong wind which managed to blow one of my water butts over and almost blew my back gates apart. Fortunately a gallant neighbour took pity on the wet bedraggled me trying to repair the gates while fighting against the wind and rain and appeared with a very powerfull scew driver and in a matter of minutes had wizzed in about 40 scews which thankfully pulled the structure back together. When I looked at my pathetic attempt of 3 scews that had taken all my effort I was just relieved that my neighbour had the right tool. The evidence of the storm can be seen all around. Windows will have to be re washed as it looks as though they have a dirty lace covering!!  The path to Conwy was  completely lost in parts so the council has been out clearing the sand away
 The lighting on my way back was so beautiful that I had to take some more pictures
 A wispy cloud or mist started to come over The Great  Orme giving it a rather mystical look.
 The grasses in the sand dunes looked as though they were being illuminated
 This shows how deep the sand was in places. I would never want to be in a sand storm in a desert

 and finally yet another sun set.

Actually I was taking the photos about 5pm so it shows how much lighter our evenings are becoming.......oh for those long light evenings when curtains don't need to be drawn.
Thankfully I have guests coming tomorrow for two nights. Lymehurst was recommended to them so that's a good sign. It does make me nervous though when there's a big gap between bookings but who wants to take a break in January/ February.

1 comment:

  1. these photo's are so beautiful, the lighting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete