North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Friday 4 February 2011

Life at Lymehurst

This is quite a difficult time of year regarding bookings. So when there's such a lull it's time to do those boring but necessary jobs such as  touching up paint work that's taken a bit of a battering, spring cleaning (a little premature as spring is not quite here) and catching up on paperwork and accounts. As I have never had a business before it has certainly been a big learning curve, as I've had to give everything a go. from the cooking, cleaning , producing a website and business cards, advertising  and generally making sure everything is in order. But I must admit that I get somebody to do my accounts as I'm not a money person and felt I needed guidance..  I still do it all in pencil as I tend to make mistakes but at least I've improved and my next aim is to be bold and do it on the computer! (I think the accountant will sigh with relief!!) Last week I did have some bookings and one of those was a returner (always a good sign if they come back) I have been told that it can take 3 - 5 years to build up a substantial list of returning guests...oh well another couple of years to go! Being in business also brings the quandary of when to take a holiday. I feel like I'm being rather neurotic about taking time off in case I miss a booking. I suppose it 's worse now especially when I'm still in the process of trying to get established..
Welsh lessons getting more complex you think you've heard the most complicated sentence  only to have one that's just as bad tagged on the end. I have to give you an example
Esgusodwch fi, i, be'di'ch enw chi, (followed by) os gwelch yn dda and the translation is Excuse me, what's your name, please
so perhaps you can understand why 4 of us on the back row had a fit of hysterical laughing as we desperately tried to read a dialogue including the above
. So I will end this blog in aWelsh way with Nos da (good night)

1 comment:

  1. i always remember the first time we tried together with the CD i honestly don't think i have every laughed that much. Such a hard language to learn.

    ReplyDelete