North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Thursday 29 September 2011

Fantastic weather in Llandudno

After all the rushing about during the summer, bookings suddenly came to an abrupt halt on Sunday, so I thought I was going to have a leisurely time till the next booking on the 20th of October. When I say leisurely I mean doing other catch up jobs like the garden, accounts etc!! That was short lived when I got two calls on Monday one from some people who had stayed at Lymehurst before and were desperate to have a 4 day break starting on the Thursday and then a call from a couple who had arrived in Llandudno and had been given our details and they also wanted a 4 night stay so suddenly I was back in business.
The last 3 days have been fabulous weather wise. As soon as the breakfast things have been sorted and the bedroom cleaned and tidied I have made up a picnic and headed for West Shore. (4 minutes by bike ) High tide is happening about  midday  which is brilliant for swimming as it's possible to swim straight off the prom steps so there's no debating .......it's straight in and swim!!!
The sea is lapping over the three lower steps....just as well it's no higher as I have my bike parked on the top step. At first the view is a  little hazy................

......... but as the afternoon progresses and the tide goes out it becomes less hazy................

...... until finally the beach starts to be un covered and the fabulous views to Conwy Mountain become clearer




To be able to spend the afternoon in such a fabulous location and be only a 4 minute bike ride away from home and business still amazes me. It's times like this that make it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment