North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Sunday 25 September 2011

CONWY HONEY FAIR


 Last week the main road in Conwy was closed so that local beekeepers could sell their honey and other hive products. The Royal Charter permitting this fair was introduced more than 700 years ago. This year there were 30 beekeepers selling their honey. It was wonderful to see that there was once again plenty of honey. Two years ago there was so little that it was all sold by midday. Along side the beekeepers were plant stalls, vegetable stalls, local crafts and cake stalls. Unfortunately my camera decided to jam so I was only able to take one photo but I'm sure there'll be pictures on the beekeepers site. http://www.conwybeekeepers.org.uk/ 

Once home and after a bit of camera man handling!! I was able to take some pictures of my purchases.

Wonderful fresh carrots and cauliflower

There were so many different types of honey, different flavours and consistency. It was hard to choose so I ended up buying a variety from different areas. Now I can offer local honey on the breakfast table at Lymehurst.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to have some of that yummy looking honey on my toast

    ReplyDelete