North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Monday 5 December 2011

Wild life on The Great Orme

Looking across the river to Conwy Mountain
Having made a trip down to Brighton to visit my daughter which included passing through London,  I felt I needed some real fresh air to get rid of the stale, mucky air of the London Underground. How do people cope with being crammed into a metal tube every day? I headed to The Orme which is only a 10 minutes walk from Lymehurst B&B. There are so many different routes up and around the Orme that you are able to vary your walk each time. This time I headed towards Haulfre Gardens and then took the path up through the woods till I reached the boundary of the Pich and Putt course. I then skirted this untill I came to a view point looking across the river Conwy to the mountains and up into the Conwy Valley.
                                                                                         
Looking in the other direction you get a view of  Llandudno Bay with it's manificent promenade. There are many Hotels and the Theatre, Venue Cymru along the front. 


 As I set off along the path I spotted the famous (or infamous goats. Infamous, especially if you have a garden any where near the Orme!!) As the numbers were getting out of hand the female goats have been fed contraceptives!.


Two of the smaller goats with The West Shore in the back ground


As you can see some of the males have rather impressive horns



Bench at the top of the Zig Zag Path


As I walked westward It was so windy that no stale London air was left  in my lungs, but I had to turn back to take the Zig Zag path down on to the Invalid's Walk route, as I didn't want to risk getting blown off balance as there are some rather steep drops to the side of the path.






As I started descending I noticed that the Kite surfers were out in force. Perfect weather for them 



Suddenly it was as though the sky had ripped open so allowing the sun to shine  through. It was so dramatic




I took quite a few photos as it looked so impressive. West Shore is the quieter of the two beaches  and is totally different to the more busy North Shore but the views are just amazing and  when you get scenes like this or the sunsets that I have included in  earlier bloggs it  never ceases to impress.
Down on west shore the kite surfers were really having fun





The kite surfer to the left has really jumped high



On the way back home i took a photo of the Zig Zag path going up from the very popular Invalid's Walk to give an idea of it's situation
Sign at the base of the Zig Zag path in both Welsh and English

As the name suggests the path zig zags up through the gorse bushes and eventually will take you to the summit
I certainly got plenty of fresh air on my walk. I'm so pleased I live here and not in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment