North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Monday 7 April 2014

Card Terminal

Since opening the B & B most payments I have taken have been in cash or by cheque. For guests wanting to pay a deposit from abroad I set up a Paypal account. This has worked very well and as I have two banks at the end of the road there has been no problem for guests  paying the balance in cash . However several people mentioned that I could be missing out on potential guests by not offering the possibility of payment by card. I hadn't realised that some people will not even consider staying if they can't pay by card. I looked into getting a card terminal and got quotes from 3 companies. The monthly outlay for rent and then in some cases minimum usage added alot to my out goings and as I don't take many bookings a month and in some months no bookings at all it just didn't seem to be worthwhile.
As business has dropped  in the last couple of years due to the financial situation and bad weather I decided that I needed to make Lymehurst as appealing as possible so when one company came back with a much better deal in December (The company obviously needed to boost their sales figures!) I decided to give it a go.So Lymehurst can now accept card payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment