North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Thursday 20 January 2011

Nosweth dda............Good evening

Well as you can see from the title I did attend my first Welsh class  and I've learned how to say good evening and some other basic Welsh words! My goodness me I think it's going to be hard going. There are so many different sounds and then lots of consonants and hardly any vowels and no similarity to English or French, so  you can't even have a guess at the meaning of words..
Going straight to the Welsh Class after my visit from the fire department added stress on stress.! Having thought I'd followed the Fire Departments instructions to the tee, I now find I'm  expected to do even more work to the house to comply with all their rules and regulations. I can really understand why people are giving up running B&Bs especially if like me they only have two rooms in what is basically  their home. After fuming for a while and wondering if it was still worth  while continuing with the B&B I decided to go for therapy........namely the beach. It's amazing how a walk on the beach and taking some  photos can help to put all worries in the back ground. Here are some of the views I captured while walking on West Shore. I think the oveall title for the first three photos would have to be "Reflexions"


 The Great Orme reflected in a pools

 The tide goes a long way out and leaves sand banks which look deceptively safe to walk on but when the tide turns the sea comes in very fast and surrounds the banks so you do have to be carefull and pay attetion to the tide time tables.
 Just before I set off home couldn't resist try to take a sunset.
 Since getting home I've been a very busy bee (could it be a means of working off all that nervous energy that's built up!!) Even made some bread which I haven't done for ages. So My guests tomorrow morning will have the option of home made bread rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment