North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Tuesday 3 May 2011

A new nameplate for Lymehurst and I found it atThe Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza

The last stall I came to at the Extravaganza was Brian Taylor's. He was busy at work on his vintage treadle powered fretsaw cutting out nameplates and names
I've been debating for ages about putting up a nameplate for Lymehurst but just haven't been able to decide on what type. Because Lymehurst is in a quiet residential cul-de-sac I have not wanted to have anything too obtrusive that might annoy neighbours, so when I came across Brian Taylor sitting at his vintage, treadle powered fretsaw cutting out names and nameplates in wood, I thought this would be  perfect for my nameplate.I have ordered a name plate so hopefully that will arrive in the post. Brian has a website where you can see examples of his work. http://www.namesinwood.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. Its so important to keep traditional crafts and methods alive and we will get a completly unique nameplate into the bargin, i can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete