North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Friday 18 November 2011

Butterflies in November!

While Gardening the other day I was amazed to see a butterfly, bumble bee and wasp. I think this must be a very confusing time for them.

 3 weeks ago I cut the lawn for what I thought would be the last time this year.............                                but out came the lawn mower yet again 2 days ago. The weather has been so mild that i have been able to sit out and have lunch. Quite something for November.

        
Lawn mowed and heading for a sit down while the sun is still shining in the back garden of Lymehurst B & B


We keep being told that it's going to be another harsh winter so in preparation for the cold weather we had a log delivery the other day. A good selection of hard wood which will hopefully burn for longer and so help to cut down on the  gas bill. Now I just need to stack it.





When we lived in Finland eveybody's wood piles were so neat, that  I think there has to be an art to stacking wood, as I can never seem to acheive such precision or perhaps in Finland the branches are more uniform!! Thinking of wood piles, as you do! I remember when I went back to Hogsara in February, ( Hogsara is a small island off the coast of Finland  where we used to live ) I went skiing through the forest and took photos of some serious timber piles!!

In minus12-18 degrees it was hard work creating my own tracks through the forest on Hogsara... but it was so wonderfully tranquil.


Wood pile awaiting collection by the timber company


Some of the piles of timber were huge but they were so photogenic against the back ground of sparkling snow,
A slight digression from butterflies in my back garden in Llandudno!!

No comments:

Post a Comment