North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Friday 18 November 2011

Garden Tomatoes in November!

On the whole this year has been a bad year for our vegetables. I'm putting it down to a  it being a very dry  spring followed by ravenous slugs and insects which swept through several re sowings! Eventually some of my courgette plants managed to survive and produced a decent supply of courgettes and I have to say the kale is looking really healthy. .


 Tomato plants were not producing tomatoes earlier on but with the arrival of autumnal  sun and warmth they suddenly took off. I had decided to plant them in a re cycled container right at the end of the garden where they could be in the sun for as long as possible. So we have been enjoying home grown tomatoes.
 In the last couple of weeks I have been bringing them in to finish ripening as I couldn't believe this good weather would continue.
Selection  of the tomatoes grown outside at Lymehurst B&B

No comments:

Post a Comment