North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Sunday 20 November 2011

Conwy Half Marathon

2nd and 3rd runners
 At first I thought the weather was about to change for the worst but just in time the sun came out to shine on this spectacular route. As I couldn't get to the start point I rushed down to West Shore and hurried along the beach to try and get to a good advantage point. I could not believe how fast the first runner came into view.

I was very suprised that the path had not been cleared of sand as this must have made it hard going and also narrowed the way.

Looking towards The Great Orme which the runners had to run round and there are some very steep parts which must have really taxed them

More runners starting to appear


A constant steam now as they all head towards the Orme

View from the beach. A helicopter was flying over head capturing all the action

And here is the 1st runner. I think I took this at just before 1pm.........how can he have run all that distance in 1 hour. from here it's about 2miles to the finish

2nd runner

3rd runner

1st female

...and now more runners

In the background you can just see the toll road below the rock face on the Great Orme, this is where they would have run down

A little later on and still they keep coming

How thankful they must have been to see this mileage post!
From some of the comments that I heard I think some people had had rather a suprise that there was such a climb on the Orme. On the positive side the amazing views throughout the run had impressed some runners. I think there will be some very tired competitors tonight but a huge WELL DONE to them all

No comments:

Post a Comment