North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Wednesday 18 January 2012

A weekend of glorious weather in Llandudno

The beach at West Shore looking towards The Great Orme
 So after all the mild weather and gales we suddenly found ourselves with a cold frosty weekend. The sun was shining and we had blue skies and I think a lot of people had the same idea to make the most of the lovely bright weather. Suddenly the road along West Shore was full of cars and there were lots of people out walking and sitting on the benches just taking in the fabulous views to the mountains and Anglesey.
West Shore


!st sailing boat
Lots of people walking round The Great Orme


Having walked along the  beach as the diggers were still busy trying to clear all the sand off the foot/ cycle path I arrived at Deganwy and sat myself down so i could fully admire the scene in front of me. Looking across the river towards the Marina at Conwy and then up the river to Conwy Castle. It never ceases to amaze me how spectacular the scenery is. The picture below is of the outer part of the Deganwy Marina. It was so picturesque with the buildings being reflected in the water. 



Sailing boats moored in the river
The fine weather even brought me some guests who had seen the weather forecast and decided to head for the coast. It was interesting to discover that they had found me on the Bikers website which I subscribed to last year for the first time. Apparently they often come to Llandudno on their bikes (as in motor bikes!) but don't like to stay because of lack of safe parking. So maybe I'll be seeing them again as I can offer safe off road parking. A lot of well established Guest houses/ B & B's don't accept one night stays but as I'm still establishing  Lymehurst I have to think that the one night might lead to more business. Time will tell in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment