North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Friday 1 June 2012

Deganwy 5k Dash

Competitors start to gather
 So today the1st of June was supposed to be overcast  with showers but it turned into a beautiful sunny day.
 Leading up to Deganwy's Prom Day on the 2nd of June they hold a 5k dash the night before along the coastal path to Conwy Castle. It's  such a scenic route
....and they are off


Down the only slope and heading towards Deganwy

You can just see the runners spread out along the path

 Looking seaward
It was so lovely and warm and the sea so tempting I actually had my first swim of the year at 7.30pm. One of the perks of living close to the sea.

3 comments:

  1. Great Photos.
    I understood there were 162 runners this evening.
    Many Thanks
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just come across your site, don't remember how I got here though. It's a great site good photos!!
    I am organiser of Deganwy Dash and chairman of Deganwy Prom Day. We had a really good weekend again this year and managed to donate £850.00 to local charitable groups.
    The 2013 Deganwy Dash will be held on Friday evening the 31st May with the Prom Day on the Saturday 1st June

    Geoff Clegg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment . I'm always amazed that people do actually find my blog and read it!! That evening of the 5k Dash was so fantastic weather wise. I think that was our summer. The prom had such a lovely family feel to it. I'm so pleased that you were able to donate so much money to charity. Good luck with next year's Dash and Prom Day.
      Elaine

      Delete