North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Llandudno Sea Triathlon

Jo assembling her bike
On Saturday a Sea Triathlon was held here. I was especially interested as two of my guests were taking part. They were up early to do a lap of  the cycle route (before breakfast!) which was the toll road round the Orme (10km).
Dan  almost ready to go








  I did manage to see the start of the 1500m swim. I couldnt believe how far they had to swim out before turning to swim parallel to the shore before then looping round and heading back for the slipway

.






The first swimmer back and he was way ahead by about 10 minutes

 Others then start arriving at the slipway


Next set of swimmers

  
After that they then run along the prom some starting to strip off their wet suits while running to pick up their bikes and change into their cycling gear to then start their 40 k bike ride ( 4 laps of the Great Orme!!)
One swimmer arriving while others are being checked before setting off on their bikes


A mass of bikes and equipment all strategically positioned



 I was able, only just, to capture my guests speeding along Church Walks as they completed a lap of the Orme.
Jo just finishing a lap......

....and now starting the next

Dan speeding Down Church Walks

...and narrowingly missing an on coming car starting his next lap!



Once I'd taken the photos  I had to rush back home to get a room ready for my next guests so l missed the 10 k run.
This is such an amazing event, the competitors came from all over and they must have incredible stamina.
I  had an E mail from Dan to say that Jo came overall 2nd in the womens section and Dan came 3rd how amazing is that. I'm putting it all down to the porridge I served them at breakfast!!
To see more about this Triathlon visit  www.xtramileevents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment