North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Sunday 20 January 2013

Caught out by unexpected guests!!

Did I say Spring was on it's way!? We did have a horrendous weather forecast this week for snow in Wales but yet again llandudno has escaped it. It is so localised that my sister in Conwy (10 minutes drive away) has had snow and infact had to cancel a trip, as their  steep road was too dangerous to go down. As you'll see from the photos we didn't see much.
Look hard and you'll see our snow on The Great Orme!

The sum total ofsnow in Lymehurst B & B garden






             
With such weather forcasts it's highly unlikely to have any guests  so I decided to get on with mundane tasks like cleaning and touching up chipped paintwork etc Dressed in my oldest painting gear (pretty grotty looking I have to say!!) I was going from job to job when the front door bell rang. Couldn't believe it when it turned out to be two Aussies looking for accommodation! Needless to say their eyebrows raised somewhat when they saw the state of me. I quickly explained the situation and told them they could check out the rooms (they were ok ) and then decide if they wanted to stay. Apparently on their travels they'd already come across places that were closed up for winter or where owners had been busy painting, so I wasn't too much of a shock. When they went out to their car to sort out their bags I swiftly got out the painting gear and rushed around like a tornedo clearing up and making the place look more presentable. Amazing how much you can acheive when needed!!
Usually bookings are done in advance so I know when to expect guests. I have only ever had 3 people turn up unexpectedly at the door and on two of those occaisions I was caught out. Once when I was digging a pond and was covered in mud and then yesterday. It's an awful feeling when you open the door to find prospective guests standing there......oh the joys but at least they'll have a tale to tell about their Llandudno landlady


The good news is that The Australians have already posted a very positive review on Tripadvisor. So the initial greeting did not leave a bad impression

No comments:

Post a Comment