North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Knowing when it's high tide......easy now I have a Tide Clock!

My Tide Clock
 
I didn't know that Tide Clocks existed until a friend told me about them and then this Christmas I got one as a present. It's facinating that you can tell how long it is till the next high or low tide. To set it up we had to wait till it was a full moon, then look up the high tide for this area, point the hands to high tide put the battery in and that was it set up. So now I can judge which beach walk to go on. We had some really good blustery weather yesterday so after consulting the Tide Clock we thought Westshore beach would be the best walk so we coild see all the waves. The windy weather also brought out the kite surfers
High tide at Westshore, lots of people on the coastal footpath

Waves at Westshore
The Great Orme in the background

Kite surfers enjoying the wind and waves

Westshore attracts plenty of kite surfers when the conditions are right


No comments:

Post a Comment