North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Wednesday 13 February 2013

One way to spend your time while waiting for an MOT to be done

 
30th January 2013
Still very stormy here. After dropping the car off for it's MOT I thought I'd have a walk to the beach to see what it looked like after all this stormy weather. Well when I got there it looked so tempting with the blue sky and big, foaming waves that I thought I might as well have a short walk as I have no guests to see to!! The short walk ended up becoming an elongated one! First I thought I'd walk to Deganwy then at Deganwy I continued to Conwy. It was a bit of a battle at times but so refreshing and exfoliating! ( still have sand in my hair and eyes). When I got to Conwy and looked back out towards the sea I could see that the lovely blue sky was fast disappearing and being replaced by rather ominous looking greyness. Good job I had my waterproof trousers with me.. I headed back and came across people trying to heave an escaped boat out of the water. They were being monitored and helped by the crew of the small inshore lifeboat. I did ask if they wanted help but as they'd just turned down the help of a big six foot man I didn't feel insulted! After a much needed pit stop at Deganwy ( I tried out the new cafe called The Tea Station )I set off on the last part of the walk home. The tide had come in even further to the extent that it was throwing pebbles up and over the path. In the end I had to make a run for it and luckily didn't get caught in all the spray. You'll see from the photos just how much conditions changed while I was on my walk. Perfect timing the car was ready to pick up on my way back and even better didn't need any money spending on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment