North Shore

North Shore
View of Llandudno from The Little Orme

Thursday 6 March 2014

I Have My House And Garden Back







scaffolding starting to come down
 Oh the joys of having my house back. The scaffolding was taken down last Thursday. I was really caught out as I thought it was being taken down the next day!! I was just in the middle of serving breakfast to my two lots of guests when the scaffolder turned up at the front door much to my horror, wanting the car  (a guest's ) to be removed from the driveway. I persuaded them to park their lorry at the back as I was busy at that moment (They couldn't have picked a worse time!). Fortunately the guests all took the disturbance well and even found it entertaining." Fawlty Towers" was mentioned!! . I did suggest I could charge extra for having on site male entertainmers which got a chuckle.
Coming down off the front of the house


The last parts going on to the lorry
Aaaahhhhhh a view without scaffolding
Lymehurst is back



The other problem with them turning up a day early was that I had been up on the top scaffolding to touch up some paint work but it had become quite windy and I didn't like the feeling of the scaffolding moving so I gave up but still had more to do.

 

Add caption



















The scaffloders couldn't transport all the scaffolding so it was neatly stacked in the parking area  next to the skip in the back garden. The house suddenly became so much lighter inside but outside needed such a good tidy up.
 Each day I'm trying to do a bit more and it is almost back to normal especially as the skip and scaffolding went on Monday. However I have two piles of batons to chop up as well as pallets but I might use some to build  an extra wood store



Chopping up drift wood from the storms

One of the mountains of batons to chop
The pallets..... firewood and a new wood store perhaps
.

No comments:

Post a Comment